I’ve just submitted eclecdec 1.1.73 to the Store. A couple of interesting things in this version:
Split screen peek cards
While I like the idea, when I’m writing, to be able to pull up other cards for reference. What I found, though, was that I often had to flip back and forth between the reference card (in, effectively, a dialog), and the actual editor surface.
Enter split screen. Peek cards now appear as a pane to the right of the editor (both sketch and rich text). I’ve found this smooths out my workflow quite a bit.
Continue reading “eclecdec 188.8.131.52”
I’m not sure why it’s such a pain to catch the closing of a UWP application (specifically, I’m talking about the [X] button, which is kind of easy to mistakenly hit with a fat finger). Certainly WPF applications don’t have this same kind of difficulty.
But really, doesn’t it seem that it should be a given that if you’re working on something and accidentally (or forgetfully) try to close the app that you be given a chance to save your work?
Continue reading “App Close Confirmation”
The latest version of eclecdec has been submitted and should be available in anywhere from a few hours to a few days.
Changes for this version are bug fixes:
- Typing in the writing timer dialog added two numbers for reach keypress (fixed by replacing a 3rd party control with my own)
- Today and Yesterday status only took into account first editing session
- Crash when stopping the writing timer when it was already paused
- App close button now prompts to save editing changes (this is an interesting one – see my follow on post)
Like I said, availability depends on the Windows Store approval time, so the new version should appear (at the longest) in a few days.
I have never cracked the screen of any device I’ve ever owned (I did once drop an iPhone 6 Plus into an outhouse and had to fish it out, but that’s not quite the same).
Anyway, I cracked the screen of my shiny new Surface Go. I know how I did it (something stupid), but I didn’t notice it for a couple of days.
Continue reading “Cracking Screens”
I recently updated eclecdec to 184.108.40.206, with these changes:
- Add ability to create a new card from a selection, while editing a story card
- Fix a bug where suspending eclecdec while editing a new (unsaved) card can cause the card to be duplicated, resulting in two cards referencing the same content, and preventing deletion of one without deleting the content of both
- Fix a bug where returning to a previously edited card correctly places the cursor where editing left off, but improperly selects text past the selection
Continue reading “eclecdec 220.127.116.11”