This update is now in the Microsoft Store.
- Add ability to use a cover image in the project picker, because visual inspiration improves productivity
- Move some global settings to “per-project” settings
- Add next/previous story card navigation controls in Editor to facilitate reviewing
- Cards marked “done” will now appear in the card-peek lists in the Editor, with a “done” visual indicator
A couple of the features deserve some brief explanation.
One item that seems trivial but which has been “on the list” for a while is the ability to use images in the project picker:
Continue reading “eclecdec Windows 184.108.40.206”
This update is now in the Microsoft Store.
- Find and replace in editor
- Include score, definitions and word type in Better Words
- Add the ability to have notes per Story card and folder
- Minor ribbon cleanup in editor
- Mark done/not done tweaks in editor
- Fix crash when printing from compiled view
This update is now in the Microsoft Store, and is a fairly minor (in terms of what you can see) update.
- Improved typing performance (specifically, periodic lag while typing at-speed) in the editor
- Fixed average word count and estimated completion dates in Project Statistics.
This update is now in the
Windows Microsoft Store.
- In order to help answer the age old question “What’s a better word for some_word ?”, eclecdec now uses the Datamuse cloud service to offer word suggestions. This is available by clicking on the “Better Words” ribbon button in the Story Card editor.
- Add the ability to edit the current card title in the Story Card editor. This is available by clicking on the “Title” ribbon button.
- Added the ability Story Cards to be treated as individual chapters titled with their title, rather than scenes with chapter titles based on folders. This is configurable in Settings.
- Reorganized editor ribbon.
- The current card title is displayed as the window title when editing a Story Card.
- Improved selection in the editor. Selected text will remain visually selected when focus is changed. This is only fixed in the Windows 10 October 2018 update (1809).
- Fixed a bug where project statistics could lump the word count for a day into the previous day’s count.
- Minor wording fixes in project statistics display.
This version is now in the Windows Store. There are only a couple of minor changes:
- Cards can now be imported/exported in HTML and plain text format as well as RTF and Word
- Included one time non obtrusive dialog box to beg for rating
The first item – import/export changes – are an attempt to make it easier to get “stuff” into and out of eclecdec. Individual cards, specifically, in this case. Primarily, I’ve been using this to exchange cards with eclecdec for Android, which I haven’t written about yet here, and which (yeah, I know) uses a different storage format than eclecdec for Windows. More on the dichotomy between the two applications (usage patterns as well as functionality) in the New Year.
The second item should be self-explanatory. Please rate the app if you use it.
I’ve just submitted eclecdec 1.1.73 to the Store. A couple of interesting things in this version:
Split screen peek cards
While I like the idea, when I’m writing, to be able to pull up other cards for reference. What I found, though, was that I often had to flip back and forth between the reference card (in, effectively, a dialog), and the actual editor surface.
Enter split screen. Peek cards now appear as a pane to the right of the editor (both sketch and rich text). I’ve found this smooths out my workflow quite a bit.
Continue reading “eclecdec 220.127.116.11”
The latest version of eclecdec has been submitted and should be available in anywhere from a few hours to a few days.
Changes for this version are bug fixes:
- Typing in the writing timer dialog added two numbers for reach keypress (fixed by replacing a 3rd party control with my own)
- Today and Yesterday status only took into account first editing session
- Crash when stopping the writing timer when it was already paused
- App close button now prompts to save editing changes (this is an interesting one – see my follow on post)
Like I said, availability depends on the Windows Store approval time, so the new version should appear (at the longest) in a few days.
I recently updated eclecdec to 18.104.22.168, with these changes:
- Add ability to create a new card from a selection, while editing a story card
- Fix a bug where suspending eclecdec while editing a new (unsaved) card can cause the card to be duplicated, resulting in two cards referencing the same content, and preventing deletion of one without deleting the content of both
- Fix a bug where returning to a previously edited card correctly places the cursor where editing left off, but improperly selects text past the selection
Continue reading “eclecdec 22.214.171.124”